Anglian Learning is closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding coronavirus.
Following Central Government’s announcement to close schools for most of our pupils from end of the day Friday, we are working with our schools to plan for provision for children of key workers, and our most vulnerable pupils. Details will be communicated to parent/carers as soon as possible.
Any staff, young people and children should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, or if this is the case for any member of their household, to avoid spreading infection to others.
Planning has taken place regarding the continuity of education for pupils for whom the schools within the Trust will be closed. We have also reviewed the operation of our community-facing activities such as Sports Centres and adult learning programmes, at all times putting the welfare and safety of learners, customers and staff first and foremost. We continue to act upon the latest advice and will endeavour to keep our community informed of our business continuity planning during this challenging period.
The Department for Education coronavirus helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Preventing spread of infection
- Wash your hands often, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, or use hand sanitiser if handwashing facilities are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eves, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- If you are worried about your symptoms or those of a child or colleague, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment